Wednesday 14 January 2015

TOP COMEDY MOVIES

Welcome to my top 10 comedy movies of all time. First thing I want to say is that I know many of you are going to disagree with some of my choices, but this is not my list of funniest movies ever, it is a list of my personal top 10 comedy's of all time. Although some of them may not be as funny as, for example, Airplane, they are my favorite comedy movies. Secondly, I hope you enjoy my list. Here it is!
Wedding Crashers Poster
Wedding Crashers Poster
Source: Wikimedia

10. Wedding Crashers (2005)

Starring Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, Wedding Crashers features two friends who crash weddings to try to pick up, and hook up, with various girls. Things change when one of them begins to fall for a girl they meet. The movie is hilarious but at its core, its about the friendship between the two main characters. This is the movie that introduced me to the comedy genius that is Vince Vaughn as I had not seen Old School until after this one.

9. Just Friends (2005)

I remember seeing this in the movie theater with a bunch of friends, and for some odd reason I could not stop laughing at the scene where Ryan Reynolds character Chris is dragging around his suitcase in the snowy streets. I was hysterical, with tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. I still laugh whenever the scene plays and probably always will. I love this movie but would have loved it even more if it wasn't for Anna Faris' annoying character. Just Friends follows Chris as he ends up home one Christmas and meets up with his old best friend, and crush, from his youth.

8. Dude, Where's my Car? (2000)

Two stoners wake up to find that their car is missing. The set out to figure out what exactly happened the night before, and where exactly is their car. Absolute ridiculousness and stupidity ensue. This is the movie that unleashed Ashton Kutcher and Sean William Scott upon the world. From a life time supply of pudding to aliens, this movie is one of the most ridiculous comedy's out there. Funniest part of the movie is at the drive-thru for the Chinese restaurant. "And then, And Then, And then...!"
Hot Tub Time Machine Poster.
See all 4 photos
Hot Tub Time Machine Poster.
Source: Wikimedia

7. Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

Rob Corddry really steals the show here, as he does in almost all his roles. Also, the running joke about how the bellhop Phil, played by Crispin Glover, loses his arm is great. Hot Tub Time Machine is 80's throwback comedy about three friends and ones nephew who end up time traveling back to 1986 through the hot tub in their ski resort room. They are forced to relive this one important day but can not change anything or they could prevent Jacob, the nephew, from ever being born.

6. The Hangover (2009)

The movie that single-handedly made Zach Galifianakis an overnight comedy genius. The first time I saw The Hangover I thought that it was the funniest movie ever made, but after seeing it a second time i felt it lost a lot of its laughs. A lot of the laughs were shock gags that you did not expect to happen, but after seeing it twice those things were no longer funny. I've only seen the movie a few times because for me it never really had much replay value, which it why it lands a little lower on my list than I'm sure it does for others.

5. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)

This is the movie that reinvigorated White Castle, introducing it to a whole new generation. The ride that Harold and Kumar takes us on is one of the most ridiculous, but absolutely worthwhile and hilarious. The story is simple. Harold and Kumar, two stoners, see a commercial on TV for White Castle and are now craving those delicious little burgers. On their adventure to White Castle they land themselves in some of the most preposterous situations. Although it may be full of pure stupidity and ridiculousness, the movie is comedy gold.
Poster for Clerks 2
See all 4 photos
Poster for Clerks 2
Source: Wikimedia

4. Clerks 2 (2006)

This is a movie that is best watched with a group of friends. It is the very definition of a gross-out comedy. Directed by the always funny Kevin Smith, Clerks 2 picks up a year after the first one, following Dante and Randal as they now work at Mooby's fast food restaurant. Things get complicated, and hilarious, when Dante begins fa good story for all of these characters, as well as Dante falling for Becky, while Randal plans a going away party for Dante. In between all the jokes there is a good love story at work between Dante and Becky that brings some heart into the film. I still laugh uncontrollably when watching it, no matter how many times I've seen it.

3. 21 Jump Street (2012)

Who could have guessed that Channing Tatum would be a great comedic lead? Jonah Hill and Tatum both provide plenty of laughs throughout this film. The movie follows two cops, Hill and Tatum, who are assigned to infiltrate a high school to try to find and stop whoever is distributing and supplying a new synthetic drug. It's hilarious to watch these two go back to a high school that is different from what they were used to. The funniest part is seeing these two on the synthetic drug, running throughout the high school and dealing with the gym teacher. Watching it a second time I picked up so many lines that I didn't catch at first time because I was laughing so much. Korean Jesus!!

2. Ted (2012)

Mila Kunis + the creator of family guy Seth MacFarlane + a talking teddy bear = an amazing movie. This movie hits all the right buttons and Mark Wahlberg was great as the lead. The premise is simple. A little boy, John, wished that his teddy bear could talk and when he wakes up the next morning he realizes that his wish came true. Now older, John must juggle his friendship with Ted and his relationship with his girlfriend Lori. What I really like about this movie is that there are a lot intelligent jokes mixed in with the silly stuff that younger kids that watch this might not understand.
Poster for the amazingly funny SuperbadPin It
See all 4 photos
Poster for the amazingly funny Superbad
Source: Wikimedia

1. Superbad (2007)

Well here it is. My all-time favorite comedy is Superbad. How could anyone not like this movie?? it came out the year after I graduated high school and instantly made me want to go back. I love high school, just not the school work. The movie perfectly captures the mind of senior in high school, and even those out of high school. I guess this movie could be considered a buddy comedy since it follows these two best friends, played by Jonah Hill and Michael Cera, as they spend an entire day, and part of the night, trying to score alcohol to bring to a party. At this party will be the two girls that they want to hook up with. Hill and Cera perfectly portray these two average high schoolers. I love this movies not just for the laughs, they are served by the dozen here,

No comments:

Post a Comment